But ngl, when my alarm went off yesterday morning and I looked out the window, the math was not mathing. The fall launch felt a little aggressive because... it’s literally still August, like, summer’s very much alive and well. It was literally 82°F and sunny as hell out here yesterday. Full-on, sweat-inducing t-shirt weather. And yet, there I was, standing in a massive queue that wrapped entirely around the block, fully pretending I needed a cozy oversized hoodie while trying not to melt onto the pavement. Like bro, I was fighting for my life out there. The dedication was real guys.
Obviously, I had to order a hot pumpkin spice latte for my first round cuz OF COURSE I did. It wouldn’t be day one of autumn without the annual, traditional PSL situation. Like, that's basically a rule at this point. But since im a deeply dedicated fan who follows all the leaked menus weeks in advance, I already knew exactly what new drops I wanted to check out before hitting the register. I was not walking in there unprepared lol.
Once I finally made it inside (and the AC hit me like a blessing) the whole store already smelled like a giant cinnamon broom. The baristas were working in absolute god-mode, churning out orange drinks at Mach 5. I swear everyone in there had the exact same idea. For my second drink later in the afternoon, I learned my lesson, skipped the line completely using the mobile order hack, and went with the new iced pumpkin cream shaken espresso. Let me tell you, it completely lived up to the hype. The blonde espresso with the pumpkin cold foam? Unreal. Like, I was ready to hate it just a little because sometimes the hype gets way too much, but nope. They actually got me.
Though I gotta admit, my brain is still genuinely not computing their other new drink, the chaider. It’s a mix of chai and strawberry açaí to mimic a cider vibe?? Like... what exactly happened in the Starbucks kitchen that led to this decision. I love Starbucks with my whole heart, but that feels like a weird flex. I'll probably stick to the new banana bread drinks tomorrow because at least my brain understands those.
Now, let’s talk about the bakery case because that’s where they really targeted me yesterday morning. I was only planning on getting my caffeinated liquid gold and leaving. That was the plan. A very simple, responsible plan. But the second I locked eyes with the pumpkin cream cheese muffin, I folded instantly. Like I didn't even try to resist. Im completely obsessed with that spiced pepita topping. I ended up walking out of the store clutching my warm muffin in one hand and their adorable new hedgehog cake pop in the other, literally sweating bullets under a blazing 82-degree sun. Very autumnal. Very cozy. Absolutely roasting.
The weirdest part of this entire experience? I’m not even mad at them. Yeah, it's August. Yeah, I'm still mentally in pool-party mode. But the second that orange cup touched my hands yesterday, my brain went okay maybe i did need a pumkin drink right now. And honestly? I hate that they were right. Starbucks decided yesterday was autumn, and I gladly followed them into the trenches.
Not complaining tho. Catch me drinking pumpkin foam all week.
-B :)
No comments:
Post a Comment