Hi
Okay so today I woke up with absolutely zero plans. Honestly, I was fully prepared to just stay in bed all day long, rotting under my blankets and watching The Vampire Diaries on Netflix like I always do when I’ve got nothing better to do. But by 2 p.m., Damon Salvatore wasn't even enough to cure my boredom anymore and my brain was completely fried, so I forced myself to get up, put on a pair of beat-up Converse, and leave the house just to kill some time. And honestly, I figured spending an unnecessary amount of money on coffee and random things was probably a better way to spend my Saturday than rotting in bed all day, so I decided to actually go out and be productive (or at least pretend to be).
The weather out here today is also a total mood. It's super cloudy and drizzling a bit, so the autumn vibes are actually real today instead of that crazy summer sun we had on Tuesday. Like... finally.
Since I was wandering around Capitol Hill, my first stop was obviously Starbucks on Broadway. I needed a serious sugar rush, so I ordered an iced chai latte with pumpkin cold foam, and since I hadn't eaten anything all day (very responsible of me, ik), I also grabbed a warm pumpkin cream cheese muffin and that super cute hedgehog cake pop I’ve been seeing everywhere. I just sat by the window scrolling through TikTok, eating my pastry, and watching the rain. It’s funny how a few days ago everyone was literally sweating in line, and today the whole cozy café aesthetic actually makes sense lol.
Once the caffeine and sugar kicked in, I decided to dodge the crowds and do some SERIOUS damage to my wallet. First, I walked over to The Elliott Bay Book Company on 10th Ave cuz I needed a proper book haul. The inside of that place is massive, with those huge cedar beams, and it literally smells like pure autumn. I spent FOREVER browsing the fantasy shelves under the dim lights and ended up dropping some real cash on a beautiful, heavy hardcover special edition of A Game of Thrones. I’ve been wanting to buy the book ever since I finished binging the entire show on Max a while ago, so I figured today was the perfect excuse to finally grab it and actually start reading (let's just hope I don't abandon it after three chapters).
To end my rainy-day spending spree, I stopped by Retrofit Home on Pike St. It’s this independent shop nearby that has the coolest stuff. Since it was getting KINDA chilly outside with the drizzle, I decided I needed to upgrade my room's cozy level, so I bought this huge, expensive scented candle that smells like cedarwood and campfire, plus a clean black oversized crewneck they had on display. Dropped a pretty penny there ngl. Like... did I need any of this? Absolutely not. But that's not really the point, is it.
Anyway, I'm back in my room now, pretty happy with everything I bought, with my new GOT book on the desk and my candle lit while I go right back to my Netflix marathon lol. So basically, I left the house just to spend money and then immediately return to doing exactly what I was doing before.
At least I touched some grass today and supported the local economy
What do you guys do when you have a boring Saturday?
Let me know in the comments
-B :)
No comments:
Post a Comment