Somewhere in Seattle
random thoughts, coffee & everything in between

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

I Should’ve Said No

I should probably start by saying I’m genuinely terrible at saying no at a hair salon (like, actually terrible). I never get my hair cut short because somehow I always end up looking way younger than I already do. This time, tho, I had a plan. I used ChatGPT, showed it pics of my face from basically every angle, and got some references inspired by Damon from The Vampire Diaries. The pics looked AMAZING, so I really thought I had this figured out (lol, yeah... no).

So I went to the salon, showed the guy the reference, and he immediately told me the hair in the pic was way too thick and had way more volume than mine, which is actually pretty fine. I never told him the pics were generated for me, so I guess he just assumed they were pictures of someone else. Anyway, he started cutting... and then basically cut EVERYTHING and got the clippers out. I wasn't really reacting because the haircut wasn't looking like the pics anymore (at all). He kept asking how it was looking and what I wanted him to do, and I told him, “Just do whatever you think looks best” He was like, “No, you have to tell me what you want” And this is where my complete inability to say no became a problem. So I just kept saying it looked good. “Yeah, that's good” “Looks great” “Yep, I like it” The whole time. He didn't do a bad job btw, I just have absolutely no idea how to explain what I want when it comes to my hair.

Now, a few days later, I'm trying my hardest to see the positive side of my new haircut. I even bought a black beanie (because apparently that's my solution to everything now). And honestly, I kinda look like a Tumblr boy from 2014 who listens to One Direction (which... tbh, could be worse).

But my new haircut is actually growing on me. I'm slowly learning to like it, even tho it's definitely not what I expected when I showed the hairstylist those Damon pics. I guess I'm just gonna have to work with what I've got now (lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment

HIIII! so yeah...

i’m literally just sitting here staring at my blank screen because my imagination is completely dead today. like, i have absolutely zero int...